Adopting to change:-
- Recognize the change is here to stay
- Understand the loss of control is at heart of the change
- Understand the importance of resilience in adopting to change
- Know your quota for change
- Become more conscious of your own response to change
- Expect the unexpected so that you are rarely surprised,
- Be ready for resistance, weather you view a change as positive or negative.
- Know your orientations to change – danger or opportunity
Seven Facts of resilience
- Understand the key element of resilience.
- Look for the opportunity at changing situations.
- Develop a “can-do” attitude .
- Keep your focus on long term goal and priority.
- Generate a wide range of possibilities to creatively address uncertainty.
- Reach out to others for perspective and support.
- Create structure approaches to managing ambiguity.
- Experiment with new approaches and solutions.
- Maintain a dynamic balance among the seven resilience characteristics
- Create a resilience development plan
- When working in team, use the power of synergy to leverage individual resilience characteristics,
- Work in a nimble organization if you can, and help make the one you are in more nimble.
- Take resilience with you wherever you go.
–Source “managing change with personal resilience”