Member of teams with an absence of trust…
- Conceal their weakness and mistake from one another.
- Hesitate to ask for help or provide constructive feedback.
- Hesitate to offer help outside their own area of responsibility.
- Jump to conclusions about the intentions and aptitudes of others without attempting to clarify them.
- Fail to recognize and tap into one another’s skills and experience.
- Waste time and energy managing their behaviors for effect.
- Hold grudges.
- Dread meetings and find reasons to avoid spending time together.
Member of trusting team ….
- Admit weaknesses and mistakes.
- Ask for help.
- Accept questions and input about there of responsibility.
- Give one another the benefit of the doubt before arriving at a negative conclusion.
- Take risks in offering feedback and assistance.
- Appreciate and tap into one another’s skills and experience.
- Focus time and energy on important issues, not politics.
- Offer and accept apologies without hesitation
- Looks forward to meetings and other opportunities to work as a group.
Some of the notes form Patrick Lencioni session ….. Thanks …