If you experiment proactively , you will tend to ..
- Actively engage change
- Test your idea in practical
- Take reasonable risk
- Try new activity
You will initiate experiments with innovative solutions to see if they work, you will take leap and see what happens. If an approach does not pan out, you will regroup and try something else.
Here is five practical things you can do to improve your ability to experiment proactively—
- Identify a small experiment you could make to try out a new approach to an unfamiliar situations.
- Think about challenging situations you are currently facing. Articulate the worst-case scenario as clearly as possible, and determine how would prepare yourself to address each risk.
- Team up with the friends or colleague who you see as successful risk taker, and talk through your concerns and objections about specific change initiative. See if you can identify how your assumptions regarding the risks differ from his /her perspective.
- Try viewing the risk associated with the change initiative as a win-win situation – even if you are not immediately successful, what could you learn from assuming the risk ?
- Find a person who is good at proactive experimentation, and ask him /her to coach you..
–Source “managing change with personal resilience”